Vegan Walnut Banana Loaf
This Vegan Walnut Banana Loaf combines a chia egg with cinnamon, coconut nectar, apple sauce, vegan caramel chunks and walnut pieces into a decadent breakfast or snack dish. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 1½ cups of spelt flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegan caramel chunks
- ¼ walnuts pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce - homemade if you can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups mashed banana
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a bread tin with parchment and grease with coconut oil spray, and set aside.
- Prepare chia egg by adding chia seeds and warm water to a bowl, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl except for the caramel chunks and walnut pieces.
- Once the chia egg is ready, combine all wet ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix well.
- Stir until combined, but do not over stir.
- Add caramel and walnuts, and give one final stir!
- Place into the bread tin, and bake for 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Maria Koutsogiannis is a stylist, photographer, writer and the recipe creator behind the beautiful blog, FoodByMaria, where she shares home-cooked meals full of earthy, green, and down-right-awesome-for-your-body-foods as well as health, travel and fitness-related articles meant to help everyone, including our youth to become comfortable with the person they are and the body they were blessed with.