Raw Caramel Protein Cake Pops
These fully raw, sugar free, gluten free, soy free, healthy cake pops are made by combining oat flour and a mashed banana with coconut butter and oil and our Epic Protein : Original for a perfect texture and a ton of nutrients. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup oat flour (grind up raw oats in a bullet type blender to make flour)
- 2 scoops Epic Protein : Original
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- Equal parts coconut butter & oil
- 1/4 cup dates soaked in water overnight
- Mix dry ingredient then add in mashed banana.
- Roll into 6 balls (will be a little mushy), insert sticks, and freeze on parchment paper for 30 minutes.
- Lightly melt coconut butter and oil (doesn't matter amount just as long as measurements are equal to each other) and dip pops in sauce.
- Place back in freezer for 1-2 minutes (repeat this step as many times as you like to get desired thickness of coating – I did it about 4x).
- Purée dates with enough "date water" until desired consistency (add a little water at a time).
- Drizzle "caramel" sauce over pops and freeze again for 5 minutes (store in freezer and let thaw before consuming).
ABOUT THE CHEF
Bethany is the face behind the account @lilsipper on Instagram. She is dedicated to healthy eating and living a balanced life. She is also a yoga instructor and loves sharing her passion for health and fitness. Her diet is free from gluten, peanuts, refined sugars, artificial sugar including stevia, and are, of course, full of nutritional value. She never counts calories, only nutrients!