Coffee Cake Protein Donuts
These oven-baked donuts are packed with flavors of chocolate and coffee and cinnamon. There's also 20g of complete protein and a five mushroom blend hidden inside! Enjoy them for breakfast, as a post-gym snack or guiltless treat to calm your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops Epic Protein : Coffee Mushroom
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
- Gradually pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Grease a donut pan using avocado or coconut oil, add the batter and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While your donuts are cooling, make your chocolate drizzle.
- Heat coconut oil and chocolate chips over medium heat. Drizzle warm chocolate over donuts.
ABOUT THE CHEF
This is a guest recipe from Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_). Danielle is a food lover on a mission to fuel her body and mind through a healthy lifestyle. She’s inspired by the beauty in everything, especially pretty food and hopes to create nourishing recipes that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.