Strawberry Protein Muffins
These Strawberry Protein Muffins are perfect for breakfast or snacking on-the-go. They're easy to make and freeze well!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1 Tbsp plant based yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chopped strawberry plus more for topping
- 2 scoops Epic Protein : Pro Collagen
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork and mash banana.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, yogurt and almond milk. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, maple sugar, baking soda, baking powder and berry protein powder. Mix until well combined with no clumps.
- Pour the dry mix into the wet mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Let the batter sit and slightly expand while you chop strawberries.
- Fold in strawberries and pour batter into a muffin tin. I used silicone inserts but you could also spray the pan with a little oil. Top with more strawberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let muffins cool and store in the fridge.
ABOUT THE CHEF
This is a guest recipe from Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_). Danielle is a food lover on a mission to fuel her body and mind through a healthy lifestyle. She’s inspired by the beauty in everything, especially pretty food and hopes to create nourishing recipes that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.