Peanut Butter and Jelly No-Bake Bars
Inspired by the classic combo we all loved as kids, these Layered Peanut Butter and Jelly No-Bake Bars are healthy, delicious and easy to make (only 8 ingredients). Meal prep them for the week ahead to always have a protein-packed snack on hand!
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (or blend oats)
- 1/4 cup Simple Protein : Pea
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Peanut Butter Layer
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the base. It will be crumbly but should clump together.
- Press the base into a parchment lined baking sheet. I used a 8” square but didn’t cover the entire surface. Try to make sure it is spread evenly throughout.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Make PB layer using a food processor. This should be creamy. Add this layer evenly over the base. Freeze again for 10 minutes.
- Melt your berries (I put them in a pan over medium heat) and then blend to desired “jelly” texture.
- Spread the top layer over the PB. This needs to freeze for a lot longer. I froze overnight.
- Thaw slightly before cutting! Store in fridge!
ABOUT THE CHEF
This is a guest recipe from Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_). Danielle is a food lover on a mission to fuel her body and mind through a healthy lifestyle. She’s inspired by the beauty in everything, especially pretty food and hopes to create nourishing recipes that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.