White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
These White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect vegan dessert snacks that combine the classic chocolate chip cookie ingredients with dairy-free chocolate chips, cinnamon and molasses. Enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons room temperature vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl, cream the vegan butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture, followed by the molasses and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. The dough will be fairly thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place them on the cookie sheet, spacing each about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through baking. These cookies will not brown as they bake so it's important to pay attention to the baking time otherwise they will come out too hard.
NOTESStore cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for about one week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to six months.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a designer, photographer, animal activist and a lover of all kinds of vegan food. She is passionate about finding creativity in preparing meals and being open to trying new plant-based foods whenever possible. Shannon’s blog, Another Hungry Vegan features recipes that have been tested on vegans and omnivores alike, and she makes an effort to use easy-to-find ingredients so that everyone gets a chance to enjoy them in their own home as well.