White Chocolate Cake Strawberry Milkshake
This dairy-free White Chocolate Cake Strawberry Milkshake is as decadent as it sounds, combing plant milk, maple syrup, cashew butter, vanilla and frozen strawberries into a thick and creamy dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups cashew milk (or you can use another creamy plant milk like light coconut milk or soy, preferably something with some fat in it for best results)
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or agave, 30 mL)
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter (use sunbutter if allergic)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted cocoa butter (40 g)
- 2 cups or one 10 oz bag FROZEN strawberries (280 g)
- Vegan sprinkles (optional for that cake effect, see Notes below)
- Place all of the ingredients except the strawberries into a blender and process until thoroughly smooth.
- Add the strawberries and process just until combined and thick.
- optional Top with whipped coconut cream and strawberries.
NOTESMakes 2 small smoothies or 1 large. Raw, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free option
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband’s painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature’s powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi’s belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.