Vegan Pizza Hummus
This Vegan Pizza Hummus is a delicious snack that adds all natural and fresh ingredients and spices like tomato puree, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes to the base of blended garbanzo beans. Enjoy!
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 1/4 cups tomato puree/sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons runny tahini (28 g)
- Optional toppings olives, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
- Add the garbanzo beans to a food processor and process until they are basically broken up and mashed before adding the tomato puree and blending again until really smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth. (The longer you blend, the creamier it will be.)
- Place in a serving bowl and add optional toppings.
NOTESVegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Low-fat, Nut-free Nutrition per serving: 264.6 calories, 6 g fat, 13 g protein, 41.6 carbs, 5.5 g sugars
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband’s painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature’s powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi’s belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.