Vegan Hot Chocolate
This Vegan Hot Chocolate combines a liquid base of water and almond milk with a cacao superfood blend of raw cacao, maple syrup, maca, vanilla extract and other spices including cayenne pepper for a touch of heat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- vegan marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or raw coconut sugar/cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon raw maca powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine the water and almond milk in a medium bowl and bring to a boil momentarily; remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients (besides the marshmallows!) to your favorite mug.
- Pour the liquid over the mix, whisking thoroughly until the whole mixture is smooth.
- Top with marshmallows.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!