Vegan Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
These Vegan Chorizo Breakfast Tacos use cauliflower mixed with sundried tomatoes and flavorful spices like paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper for the "chorizo" base and then add a vegan sour cream sauce made from hemp hearts and apple cider vinegar. Enjoy!See a full list of ingredients and instructions!
For the Cauliflower Chorizo
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- ...and much more!
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup water
- 2-3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or to taste
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- ½ avocado, cubed or sliced
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- To make the vegan chorizo, grate the cauliflower florets using simply your hand or a food processor (slowly pulsing until finely grated).
- Head over to Blissful Basil's original post for full instructions!
- To make the hemp seed sour cream, add the associated ingredients to your blender, blending on high for 2-3 minutes. Once it is smooth and creamy, refrigerate the mixture until ready to use, allowing it to thicken as it cools.
- To make the tacos, heat the tortillas in a small skillet for 20 seconds on each side.
- Scoop the "chorizo" into the tortillas, top with onion, avocado, cilantro leaves, hemp seed sour cream, and a spritz of fresh lime juice.
NOTESMakes 8 tacos. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Ashley Melillo is the writer, photographer, and recipe-creator behind Blissful Basil, a blog dedicated to unearthing the happiest side of life through wholesome foods. Being a school psychologist by day and a vegan food blogger by night, Ashley strives to incorporate a wide array of plant-based foods into her recipes in order to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being.