Vegan Carrot Bacon
This recipe for Vegan Carrot Bacon will truly amaze your taste buds. Thinly sliced carrots are coated with yacon syrup and liquid smoke for a familiarly delicious "bacon" taste that is vegan and healthy! Enjoy!
- 2 long carrots
- 2 Tbsp Yacon Syrup
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke (a little goes a long way!)
- Sea salt to taste
- Slice carrots in long strips with a mandolin (thinnest application).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out sliced carrots ensuring they don't touch each other.
- Mix remaining ingredients to make a glaze and coat carrots on both sides.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes. (bake a little longer for a crispier version!
ABOUT THE CHEF
Bethany is the face behind the account @lilsipper on Instagram. She is dedicated to healthy eating and living a balanced life. She is also a yoga instructor and loves sharing her passion for health and fitness. Her diet is free from gluten, peanuts, refined sugars, artificial sugar including stevia, and are, of course, full of nutritional value. She never counts calories, only nutrients!