Thin Mint Fudge
Savor this decadent Thin Mint Fudge inspired by the famous cookies of our childhood. It is a vegan, dairy-free mixture of raw cacao powder, mint extract, low fat coconut milk and other delightful ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup low fat coconut milk (I used canned)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or cashew butter would work too I bet)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (cocoa powder will work too, but raw gives the best flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons liquid melted coconut butter (it should be completely liquid)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice (I used sliced almonds and pecans in 2 batches)
- Optional: chopped fresh mint for garnish
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning, so that the coconut butter does not cease up when added to the other ingredients. Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper hanging over the sides.
- Add the coconut milk, almond butter, syrup and both extracts to a medium bowl and stir very well. Be very careful when measuring the mint extract, as too much can easily turn this from tasting minty, to tasting like toothpaste!
- Next, stir in the cacao powder and salt really well.
- Melt the coconut butter to a complete liquid and then measure out 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons and add to the remaining ingredients. Mix really well. Add chopped nuts and stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
- Freeze for 4-8 hours, preferably overnight to be completely solid. It will be perfect and fudgey immediately upon removal of the freezer, no need to wait for it to thaw! Slice into bars and store in a ziplock bag or foil.
NOTESRaw, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Soy-free
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband's painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature's powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi's belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.