Sunrise Detox Smoothie
This smoothie recipe is loaded with antioxidants and deliciously fresh and sweet tasting. It's packed with berries, oranges and orange juice and ginger and is a perfect meal to start with every morning. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (about 10-15 depending on size)
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 whole orange (peeled and seeded)
- 1 small handful parsley (you cannot taste the parsley at all in this smoothie, so you can adjust more or less)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (add more if you want to taste the ginger)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coconut water (use another cup of orange juice for a fruitier version)
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
NOTESServes 1. Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband's painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature's powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi's belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.