Sunbutter and Cherry Chia Jam
This Sunbutter and Cherry Chia Jam is a unique take on your typical jam that combines roasted sunflower seeds, frozen cherries, hemp and chia seeds and vanilla bean. Enjoy!
For the Sunbutter
- 2 cups roasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean (all of the insides scraped out)
- 1 tbsp chia seds
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- For the Sunbutter, place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend (be patient as this may take up to 20 minutes!)
- Every few minutes stop the food processor to scrap down the sides. Blend until a drippy peanut butter-like texture is achieved.
- For the Chia Jam, place cherries and vanilla into a medium saucepan over medium heat, and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the cherries melt and begin to simmer. Slightly mash the cherries every few minutes.
- After the cherries have melted and reduced a bit, turn off the heat and add in the chia seeds. Wait until the mixture has completely cooled before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
NOTESMakes 1 cup. Sunbutter: Store in a mason jar for up to 2 months or in the refrigerator for prolonged use. Chia Jam: store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to a month.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Maddie Ross is an avid health nut with a strong belief in a balanced lifestyle. With inspiration from wholesome foods, Maddie creates recipes and publishes them on her site, The Dancing Foodie. You can also find her daily eats on her instagram, @thedancingfoodie27.