Raw Vanilla Caramel Lucuma Ice Cream
This Raw Vanilla Caramel Lucuma Ice Cream recipe combines an ice cream base made of soaked raw cashews, agave, coconut oil and our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma with a caramel date sauce for a delicious raw and vegan dessert packed with nutrients and complete plant protein. Enjoy!
Vanilla Lucuma Ice Cream Base
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked 4 hours
- 2 cups raw almond or cashew milk
- ½ cup Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- ¼ cup raw agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cashews soaked 4 hours
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place your ice cream mixer bowl in the freezer the night before to ensure its sufficiently cold.
- For the ice cream base, drain and rinse the cashews, and then add them to a high-powered blender with the almond milk. Blend until completely smooth before adding the remaining ice cream ingredients; blend until thoroughly combined.
- Place in a shallow container, cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Churn ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions.
- For the caramel sauce, drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a food processor or high-powered blender with the remaining caramel ingredients, processing until completely smooth.
- Once ice cream is desired consistency, add caramel sauce to ice cream and churn for a few more seconds.
- For best results, serve immediately.
- To store the ice cream, transfer it to a shallow container, cover and store in the freezer. Allow 15 minutes for ice cream to thaw before eating.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Sarah is a classically trained pastry chef and long time vegan. Her passion for health, food, art, and photography led her to create My Darling Vegan, a recipe and resource blog for healthy, planted-based eating. Sarah believes in centering a diet around whole, natural foods but will always find room for a chocolate cupcake. She bakes, eats, and lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband, two kids, two cats, and dog.