Raw Tutti Frutti Ice Cream
This Raw Tutti Frutti Ice Cream combines a delicious assortment of fresh fruits including mangoes, pineapples and bananas with coconut meat and water and our Epic Protein : Green Kingdom for a vegan ice cream base packed with complete organic plant protein and topped with a decadent swirl made from fresh strawberries and coconut nectar. Enjoy!
For the Ice Cream
- 1 cup ripe mangoes
- 1 cup ripe pineapple
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 cups young coconut meat
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 scoops Epic Protein : Green Kingdom
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar
- Add all ingredients except the Epic Protein for the ice cream to a high speed blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Add the Epic Protein : Green Kingdom to the remainder of the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour this portion of the mixture into an ice cream maker, processing according to the package directions.
- For the swirl, add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and mix until smooth – set aside for now.
- Pour 1/3 of the finished ice cream into a freezer safe container, and then alternate between adding a bit of the swirl and ice cream until all of it is used up. (Swirl with a knife during this process for the marbling effect.)
- Let chill in the freezer for about 4 hours or overnight until more firm before scooping (if it becomes too hard, let sit out about 15-20 minutes before serving.)
NOTESMakes about 4 cups.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Amy Lyons is the blogger and recipe writer behind Fragrant Vanilla Cake, a blog featuring raw and vegan desserts as well as a few savory dishes. She is also the author of Rawlicious Desserts published in 2013. She graduated from Bethel University in 2007 with a degree in Studio Art and has a passion for creating beautiful things and helping others eat healthier.