Raw Raspberry Lemon Doughnut Holes
These Raw Raspberry Lemon Doughnut Holes combine shredded coconut, dried organic raspberries and dates with our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for a decadent dessert packed with complete, plant protein. Enjoy!
- 2 cups finely shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dried organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them for 30 minutes in filtered water and drain well)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or as needed)
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 4 scoops Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- coconut "powdered sugar" (to make, add 1 cup finely shredded, dried unsweetened coconut to a high speed blender and blend until it is powder, being careful not to blend too long and turn into butter)
- Combine coconut and flaxseed in the food processor and process until well blended and the consistency of flour.
- Add the raspberries, dates, lemon juice and zest, sea salt, extract and protein powder and process until smooth and starting to hold together when squeezed (if it is not holding together add a little more juice).
- Roll into 12 balls.
- Roll in the coconut powdered sugar, and enjoy!
NOTESStore in refrigerator.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Amy Lyons is the blogger and recipe writer behind Fragrant Vanilla Cake, a blog featuring raw and vegan desserts as well as a few savory dishes. She is also the author of Rawlicious Desserts published in 2013. She graduated from Bethel University in 2007 with a degree in Studio Art and has a passion for creating beautiful things and helping others eat healthier.