Raw Pesto Veggie Pizza
Seeds, walnuts and spices combine for a raw crust that is topped with fresh made pesto and deliciously marinated veggies for a raw pizza that is full of plant-based goodness and flavors. Enjoy!
For the Crust
- 1/2 cup each of hemp seeds, raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or fresh, if you have it :) )
- 1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup or a few dates
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 4-5 cups organic spinach
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon agave/maple syrup or a couple dates
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon favorite dried herb blend
- Divide the mixture into four, shape each of them into your desired pizza crust shape with your hands and place on dehydrator trays or parchment paper
- Dehydrate (or cook in your oven at the lowest temperature) for 4-5 hours, or until crispy.
- To make the pesto, put all the ingredients in your food processor (no need to wash it after making the crust) and process until it reaches that yummy pesto consistency (not totally smooth, but still quite creamy).
- Put in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge.
- To prepare the veggies, cut them all into thin slices and mix in with the tamari and herb blend.
- When the crusts are finished, gently spread the pesto on all of them, followed by the veggies.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Emily von Euw is the mastermind behind This Rawsome Vegan Life, a hugely popular healthy, vegan lifestyle blog and recipe collection. She lives with her two brothers, two cats, and two parents in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada. She believes in living as naturally, minimally, and sustainably as possible and creates beautiful and delicious recipes that reflect her creativity and passion for the earth for all beings in general.