Raw Fudge Superfood Squares
These Raw Fudge Covered Superfood Squares are a fusion of delicious nuts including almonds, pistachios and cashews and an array of powerful superfood powders such as lucuma, maca, mesquite and baobob, covered with a blend of cacao butter, cacao powder and coconut sugar. Enjoy!
For The Superfood Squares
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 2/3 cup lightly packed dates, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon baobob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, optional
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup warm water
- For the Superfood Squares, grind the almonds, cashews, pistachios, and mulberries down to crumbs in a food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the water and cacao nibs. Process until broken down.
- Add the water and pulse to combine.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse in.
- Press into an 8x8" pan (I pressed them into 3/4 of the pan to make them thicker).
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and then slice into squares.
- Chill in the freezer until ready to dip them into the chocolate.
- For the fudgey chocolate coating, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into a bowl that is sitting over a pot of hot water.
- Dunk each square into the chocolate, lift out with a fork and set on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Allow to set in the freezer.
- Sprinkle with lucuma powder before eating.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Heather Pace’s passion for food led her to the completion of a two year culinary school program at the age of 21. She used her valuable skills and experience to create healthy vegan, and later raw vegan versions of traditional foods. Heather has worked in various restaurants, bakeries, and as a personal chef. She is the author of seven raw dessert e-books, owns a raw dessert and chocolate company, teaches raw food classes, and works as a certified yoga instructor. Find her books and recipes at SweetlyRaw.com.