Raw Chocolate Maca Protein Truffles
These Raw Chocolate Maca Protein Truffles combine cashews, walnuts, dates and coconut oil with our Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca for a delicious raw and vegan dessert snack that is packed with complete plant protein. Enjoy!
- ½ cup cashews, soaked 2-4 hours
- ½ cup walnuts, soaked 2-4 hours
- 8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- about 2 tablespoon cacao powder, for dusting
- Drain and rinse the cashews and walnuts before transferring them to a food processor along with the dates. Process until well incorporated.
- With the motor running, slowly add the melted coconut oil, and blend again until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Add the Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca and puree until completely incorporated.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse a few times until mixed together.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for one hour until the truffle dough is hard enough to roll into balls.
- Roll into balls about 1 tablespoon in size, and then coat in cacao powder.
NOTESStore in the refrigerator.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Sarah is a classically trained pastry chef and long time vegan. Her passion for health, food, art, and photography led her to create My Darling Vegan, a recipe and resource blog for healthy, planted-based eating. Sarah believes in centering a diet around whole, natural foods but will always find room for a chocolate cupcake. She bakes, eats, and lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband, two kids, two cats, and dog.