Raw Buckwheat Porridge
This Raw Buckwheat Porridge is a nutritious breakfast with a variety of ingredients including buckwheat groats, blackcurrant powder and our Epic Vanilla Lucuma, making it full of protein and packed with healthy fiber. Enjoy!
- 1 cup hulled buckwheat groats + water for soaking
- 1 cup almond milk (or nut/seed milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons blackcurrant powder
- 1-2 frozen bananas (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (or try almond butter!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- Place the buckwheat groats into a mason jar and cover with filtered water.
- Soak for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the groats well in a strainer.
- Blend groats with the rest of the ingredients until creamy.
- Add the toppings to your heart's delight.
NOTESOptional toppings include chopped mango, raspberries, coconut shreds, toasted buckwheat and a sprinkle of more fruit powder. Makes 2-3 servings.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Ksenia is a traveler, Strala yoga guide and superfood breakfast aficionado who believes that starting your day with a nourishing meal prepared with love makes you a happier person. She recently released Breakfast Criminals eBook, with more than 100 delicious, wholesome recipes and tips. By day, she’s a digital marketing consultant and co-founder of #FairTuesday, a grassroots ethical shopping movement that aims to change lives of whole communities by inspiring people to buy fair trade. Join Ksenia for yoga and superfoods retreats in blissful places around the globe, and get your own heart bowl, daily reminder to eat with love. Connect with Breakfast Criminals on Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter.