Raw Banana Almond Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
This Raw Banana Almond Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream combines a delicious array of nutritious ingredients including our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for a raw and healthy ice cream dessert that is packed with high quality, plant-based protein. Enjoy!
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 cups young coconut meat (substitute 3 cups raw cashews soaked 4 hours and drained well for the young coconut meat if it is unavailable, or use 3 cups canned full fat coconut milk for a not-raw version)
- 2 cups ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- 1/2 cup raw date paste (or maple syrup or raw coconut nectar or your choice liquid sweetener)
- seeds of one vanilla bean (or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup chopped raw dark chocolate
- To make the ice cream base, add the coconut water, coconut meat, bananas, protein powder, paste, vanilla, almond extract, sea salt and almond butter to a high speed blender or food processor and process until very smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the coconut butter so it gets incorporated and doesn't clump up, processing another minute or so.
- Finish the ice cream base by putting it into an ice cream maker and processing according to directions. Set aside.
- When the ice cream is done churning, remove it from the ice cream maker and stir in chopped almonds and chopped raw dark chocolate.
- Let sit in freezer for at least four hours or overnight until it firms up. If necessary, let it sit out for about 15 minutes before scooping to soften.
NOTESMakes about 6 cups.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Amy Lyons is the blogger and recipe writer behind Fragrant Vanilla Cake, a blog featuring raw and vegan desserts as well as a few savory dishes. She is also the author of Rawlicious Desserts published in 2013. She graduated from Bethel University in 2007 with a degree in Studio Art and has a passion for creating beautiful things and helping others eat healthier.