Raw Apple Cinnamon Chia Breakfast Bowl
This Raw Apple Cinnamon Chia Breakfast Bowl combines apples, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and chia seeds into a hearty and nutritious breakfast dish that is free of grains and oats and full of nutrients like healthy fibers and antioxidants. Enjoy!
- 3 honeycrisp apples, peeled and cored, divided
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- toppings raw walnuts
- toppings raisins
- toppings dried cranberries
- toppings hemp seeds
- Finely dice one of the honey crisp apples and add to an airtight container.
- Cut two of the honey crisp apples into large pieces and add to a food processor along with the dates, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pulse the mixture several times and then let it process for 2-3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape the mixture down the sides.
- Pour the apple-date mixture into the container with the diced apple and stir in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Divide the apple mixture between two bowls and top with raw walnuts, raisins, cranberries, and hemp seeds.
NOTESKeep leftovers in refrigerator.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Ashley Melillo is the writer, photographer, and recipe-creator behind Blissful Basil, a blog dedicated to unearthing the happiest side of life through wholesome foods. Being a school psychologist by day and a vegan food blogger by night, Ashley strives to incorporate a wide array of plant-based foods into her recipes in order to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being.