Raw Almond Truffles
These Raw Almond Truffles are the perfect quick and healthy snack, combining dates, shredded coconut, goji berries and more with our Epic Chocolate Maca for delicious, sweet nuggets packed with complete plant protein. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond pulp (the pulp that is left over from making almond milk)
- 6 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Optional toppings raw cacao nibs, shredded coconut, goji berries, cacao powder, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts
- Add the first two ingredients to a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Proceed to add each ingredient, in order, processing one at a time until well blended.
- Using a large tray or place, scoop out a tablespoon-sized amount, form into a ball with your hand, and distribute evenly (you should be able to make ~16-18 balls).
- Roll them one at a time in your favorite toppings.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Remove and let sit in room temperature until desired consistency (longer for softer!).
ABOUT THE CHEF
Joanne Schneider, HHC, AADP, is a certified integrative nutrition coach and a raw food educator. She is the founder of Nourished Body & Mind, offering one-on-one health coaching, food prep classes and on-line programs that empower others to create a sustainably healthy lifestyle. Having personally overcome a severe case of hypoglycemia through a whole food diet, and later accelerating her own recovery from major surgery with a raw vegan diet, Joanne became passionate about teaching others how to do the same. She helps clients improve energy, lose weight, stabilize blood sugar and more. In addition to coaching, Joanne loves creating recipes as well as food photography.