Raspberry Vanilla Bean Chia Seed Jam
This fresh and delicious Raspberry Vanilla Bean Chia Seed Jam is a simple combination raspberries, chia seeds, honey and vanilla bean and the perfect compliment to your breakfast. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen – if using frozen, let them thaw for a couple hours before using)
- 1/4 cup water (if using fresh berries)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Mash the raspberries with a fork (add a quarter cup of water if using fresh fresh berries)
- Place them in a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil, and cook for 4-5 minutes (stirring continuously)
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seed, honey and vanilla beans.
- Transfer to a glass jar or other airtight container and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to set.
NOTESStore in refrigerator.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Ksenia is a traveler, Strala yoga guide and superfood breakfast aficionado who believes that starting your day with a nourishing meal prepared with love makes you a happier person. She recently released Breakfast Criminals eBook, with more than 100 delicious, wholesome recipes and tips. By day, she’s a digital marketing consultant and co-founder of #FairTuesday, a grassroots ethical shopping movement that aims to change lives of whole communities by inspiring people to buy fair trade. Join Ksenia for yoga and superfoods retreats in blissful places around the globe, and get your own heart bowl, daily reminder to eat with love. Connect with Breakfast Criminals on Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter.