Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
These Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars are a great protein-packed vegan treat perfect for the holidays that combine our Simple Pumpkin Seed Protein with pumpkin puree, spices, dates and more. Enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup Simple Protein : Pumpkin Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup goji berries or raisins
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup black strap molasses
- Flax “eggs" (2 tablespoons ground flax and 6 tablespoons water mixed well and then let sit until thickened (about 6-10 minutes)
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ones, mixing by hand until well-combined.
- Spoon mixture into an 8" x 11" glass baking pan, smoothing surface before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes (you can test by placing a toothpick in the center, you want it to come out clean).
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes, and then cut into bars.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Joanne Schneider, HHC, AADP, is a certified integrative nutrition coach and a raw food educator. She is the founder of Nourished Body & Mind, offering one-on-one health coaching, food prep classes and on-line programs that empower others to create a sustainably healthy lifestyle. Having personally overcome a severe case of hypoglycemia through a whole food diet, and later accelerating her own recovery from major surgery with a raw vegan diet, Joanne became passionate about teaching others how to do the same. She helps clients improve energy, lose weight, stabilize blood sugar and more. In addition to coaching, Joanne loves creating recipes as well as food photography.