Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies combine pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice with creamy almond butter and dairy-free chocolate chips for a vegan-version of the classic dessert snack. Enjoy!
- 1¼ cups oat flour (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup roasted creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt to a medium bowl and whisk really well.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin (level off with finger when measuring), syrup, almond butter and extract and whisk really well until completely smooth.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until mixed before adding the chocolate chips (note: be sure to stir for at least a couple of minutes until it thickens up well; the batter will seem too wet at first but the nature of oat flour is that it thickens as you stir).
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop the dough onto the pan (note that if the dough is not thick enough, chill in the refrigerator as needed).
- Bake for 9 minutes; cookies will continue to cook slightly as they cool.
NOTESMakes 16 cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Nutrition per cookie: Calories: 150 Fat: 7.2 g Carbohydrates: 19 Sugar: 9.8 g Sodium: 28.5 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3.9 g
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband’s painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature’s powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi’s belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.