Pistachio Matcha Cheesecake
This Pistachio Matcha Cheesecake combines a nut-filled crust of almonds, pistachios and shredded coconut with a matcha filling of cashews, maple syrup and more and then tops it off with a fresh chocolate drizzle. Enjoy!
For The Crust
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup raw pistachios
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup hunza raisins
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 - 3 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Few drops stevia, if desired
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- To make the crust, start by grinding the almonds to flour in a food processor.
- Add the pistachios, coconut, and raisins, and process until the raisins are completely broken down. Add the water and pulse to combine. Press into the bottom of a 7" spring form pan.
- To make the filling, blend the water, cashews, pistachios, maple syrup, matcha powder, and vanilla in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and blend to incorporate, adding the stevia if necessary.
- Pour over the crust and chill in the freezer for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer to the fridge and chill for 12 hours.
- For the drizzle, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or jar and then drizzle over the cake (note that you can soften the drizzle by setting it over a bowl of hot water if necessary).
ABOUT THE CHEF
Heather Pace’s passion for food led her to the completion of a two year culinary school program at the age of 21. She used her valuable skills and experience to create healthy vegan, and later raw vegan versions of traditional foods. Heather has worked in various restaurants, bakeries, and as a personal chef. She is the author of seven raw dessert e-books, owns a raw dessert and chocolate company, teaches raw food classes, and works as a certified yoga instructor. Find her books and recipes at SweetlyRaw.com.