Pineapple PB Breakfast Burger
This Pineapple PB Breakfast Burger is a completely non-traditional take on your average burger that instead uses grilled pineapple and banana with other toppings like strawberries, mint and peanut butter as well as delicious homemade chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
- Spelt Seed Bun (or your favorite type of bun!)
- ¾" inch thick pineapple slice, grilled (remove skin, I didn't for photography purposes)
- 1 banana, sliced length wise, grilled
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 strawberries
- ½ cup of mint
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Caramel Bits (I found these at my local Market!)
- 1 tsp coconut oil -- for homemade chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp agave -- for homemade chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp cacao powder -- for homemade chocolate sauce
- Prep by slicing all your fruit of choice and cutting the bun in half.
- Combine all three ingredients for the chocolate sauce in a small bowl and whisk together; set aside.
- Heat a large pan, and add 1 tsp coconut oil. Add your banana, and pineapple, and let grill on each side for approx. 5 minutes... or until you're happy with the caramelized fruits!
- Remove the fruit and set aside.
- Add the bun to the pan and grill to desired crispiness.
- Assemble the "burger" and drench with the chocolate sauce.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Maria Koutsogiannis is a stylist, photographer, writer and the recipe creator behind the beautiful blog, FoodByMaria, where she shares home-cooked meals full of earthy, green, and down-right-awesome-for-your-body-foods as well as health, travel and fitness-related articles meant to help everyone, including our youth to become comfortable with the person they are and the body they were blessed with.