Perfect Protein Energy Balls
These Perfect Protein Energy Balls are an ideal, on-the-go snack that combine cashews, walnuts and dates, among more, with our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for an added boost of pure, complete protein infused with extra nutritious, whole superfoods. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in filtered water for 4-5 hours and rinsed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 4 medjool dates, soaked in hot water for at least 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbs honey (or sweetener of your choice – I love brown rice syrup)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs filtered water
- 2 scoops of Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- optional raw cacao nibs
- optional desiccated coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender, and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- On a large cutting board or flat surface, roll the mixture into balls, then roll them in cacao nibs and/or coconut.
- Freeze for two hours.
NOTESKeep the energy balls in a tightly closed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to three weeks.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Ksenia is a traveler, Strala yoga guide and superfood breakfast aficionado who believes that starting your day with a nourishing meal prepared with love makes you a happier person. She recently released Breakfast Criminals eBook, with more than 100 delicious, wholesome recipes and tips. By day, she’s a digital marketing consultant and co-founder of #FairTuesday, a grassroots ethical shopping movement that aims to change lives of whole communities by inspiring people to buy fair trade. Join Ksenia for yoga and superfoods retreats in blissful places around the globe, and get your own heart bowl, daily reminder to eat with love. Connect with Breakfast Criminals on Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter.