Peanut Butter Energy Balls
These Peanut Butter Energy Balls combine defatted peanut butter powder, gluten free oats and some natural sweetness from dates, coconut sugar and maple syrup for an energy-packed snack high in protein and low in fat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon de-fatted PB powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7-8 gooey medjool dates
- dash of maple syrup
- optional shredded coconut
- Combine the oats, coconut sugar, peanut butter powder and cinnamon in a food processor until the oats become a flour-like consistency.
- Add in the dates and maple syrup and combine until you get a nice doughy consistency.
- Roll into 12-14 balls (approx. 1 tablespoon for each) and roll in shredded coconut if you have it.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!