Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are raw, vegan, dairy-free delights. Made with only rolled oats, peanut butter, dates and frozen bananas, they are incredibly easy to make and unbelievably delicious. Enjoy!
For the Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats or walnuts
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 3 frozen bananas
- To make the cookies, add the oats or walnuts into a food processor until they become like rough flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to this and process until it all begins to stick together.
- Place a piece of parchment on a baking pan and scoop on your cookie dough, then place another piece of parchment paper on top of that.
- Roll the cookie dough out between the two pieces of parchment then cut out your cookies.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until the cookies hold their shape.
- To make the ice cream, blend the bananas until they turn into soft serve ice cream (the texture will change suddenly.)
- Sandwich the ice cream between your cookies.
NOTESMakes approximately 4-6 sandwiches. You can use any kind of nut butter you like. You can make the ice cream in a food processor. You can add a pinch of salt to the cookies, and vanilla to the ice cream. You can really do whatever you want.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Emily von Euw is the mastermind behind This Rawsome Vegan Life, a hugely popular healthy, vegan lifestyle blog and recipe collection. She lives with her two brothers, two cats, and two parents in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada. She believes in living as naturally, minimally, and sustainably as possible and creates beautiful and delicious recipes that reflect her creativity and passion for the earth for all beings in general.