Peanut Butter Caramel
This Peanut Butter Caramel recipe uses only a few ingredients – pure maple syrup, natural peanut butter and vanilla extract – to create a simple, yet decadent sauce that can be used on anything from pancakes to brownies. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt, if your peanut butter has none
- water to thin, if desired
- In a small sauce pan, add all of the ingredients and turn the heat to medium. Whisk well as it warms up and the ingredients become smooth.
- Once it comes to a boil, whisk continuously for about a minute or so until it starts to thicken up (note that the longer you cook it, the thicker it will get).
- Remove from the heat and let it slightly cool before serving.
NOTESVegan, gluten-free, oil-free
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband’s painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature’s powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi’s belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.