Oat Cookies with Berry Chia Jam
These tasty little snacks are a combination of oat cookies made with oats, cashews and coconut oil and a super fresh berry jam that adds chia seeds and dates for a beautiful texture and perfectly sweet taste. Enjoy!
For the Cookies
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup oats (I used plain rolled oats, you can find raw oats if you like)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 dates, cut into small pieces
- Water, as needed (I used about 3 tablespoons)
- To make the cookies, process all the ingredients except the oats together in a food processor until they form a thick, chunky kind of cashew butter.
- Add the oats and pulse until it all starts sticking together.
- Form into thumbprint cookies and put in the fridge for a few hours so they can set.
- To make the cookies, put all the ingredients except the chia seeds in a food processor and process until it's as smooth as desired.
- Mix in the chia seeds with a spoon, then fill each thumbprint cookie with the jam.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Emily von Euw is the mastermind behind This Rawsome Vegan Life, a hugely popular healthy, vegan lifestyle blog and recipe collection. She lives with her two brothers, two cats, and two parents in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada. She believes in living as naturally, minimally, and sustainably as possible and creates beautiful and delicious recipes that reflect her creativity and passion for the earth for all beings in general.