Matcha Mint Ice Cream
This Matcha Mint Ice Cream pairs the vibrantly colored green tea powder with cashews, maple syrup, mint and vanilla extract for a distinctly sweet ice cream that is raw, vegan and, most importantly, delicious! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Blend the cashews and water until a thoroughly smooth consistency.
- Add the syrup, mint, vanilla, and matcha. Blend again. Add the coconut oil last and blend to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to the manufactures instructions.
- Transfer the soft serve to a container and freezer for several hours until it firms up a bit more.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Heather Pace’s passion for food led her to the completion of a two year culinary school program at the age of 21. She used her valuable skills and experience to create healthy vegan, and later raw vegan versions of traditional foods. Heather has worked in various restaurants, bakeries, and as a personal chef. She is the author of seven raw dessert e-books, owns a raw dessert and chocolate company, teaches raw food classes, and works as a certified yoga instructor. Find her books and recipes at SweetlyRaw.com.