Light & Fluffy Spelt Waffles
These Light & Fluffy Spelt Waffles combine spelt flour, cinnamon, coconut sugar, whole chia seeds and almond milk with our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for a delicious breakfast dish packed with powerful nutrition and high quality protein. Enjoy!
For the Waffles
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp whole chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- coconut ribbon
- maple syrup
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- With a soup ladle, scoop a spoonful of batter and pour onto the waffle maker.
- Close the waffle maker and cook until compete.
- Top waffles with fresh fruit, coconut ribbons and maple syrup or agave nectar.
NOTESMakes 6 medium-sized waffles.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Ashley Wood, the mind behind Rae of Sunshine is a recipe developer and writer from Winnipeg, Canada. With a passion for health, wellness and vegetables, Ashley creates simple and inexpensive vegan recipes made from whole ingredients that are often seasonal, sometimes gluten-free and occasionally raw. Ashley believe in celebrating the benefits of living a vegan lifestyle and at the very least, hopes to inspire others to eat more plants, smile and live with some Sunshine.