Kale Glow Bowl
This Kale Glow Bowl combines a bowl of fresh kale, purple cabbage, tomatoes, carrots and other vegetables and seeds with a delicious pumpkin dressing made from puréed pumpkin, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and garlic. Enjoy!
- 2-3 cups kale, de-stemmed
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 7 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin/pepita seeds (or sunflower seeds etc.)
- 1/4 cup puréed pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- For the salad base, combine kale and fresh lemon juice in a large bowl, making sure all the leaves are covered. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the lemon juice to soften the kale.
- For the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, red onion, brown rice/quinoa and pumpkin seeds to the larger bowl.
- Pour over your desired amount of dressing, and mix well.
NOTESMakes 1 large or 2 small servings. Store extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!