Green Goddess Glow Bowl
This Green Goddess Glow Bowl is a beautiful combination of quinoa and a variety of vegetables including onion, garlic, zucchini and kale that is topped with a creamy and tangy tahini lemon dressing. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (I used tricolor quinoa)
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil, if you cook with oil)
- 1/3 of an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- sea salt, to taste
- For the salad base, add the quinoa and water to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and leave covered for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable broth and sauté the onions with the garlic for approximately 2 minutes. Add the frozen edamame and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the kale last and cook about 1 minute until softened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and then turn off heat.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl, top with the vegetable mixture and drizzle on the dressing.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!