Coconut Lime Doughnut Holes
These Coconut Lime Doughnut Holes combine dried coconut, flaxseeds, dates and our Epic Protein : Green Kingdom into delicious dessert snacks that are packed with complete organic protein and exotic whole superfoods. Enjoy!
- 2 cups finely shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them for 30 minutes in filtered water and drain well)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or as needed)
- 2 Tbsp lime zest
- 4 scoops Epic Protein : Green Kingdom
- Combine coconut and flaxseed in the food processor and process until well blended and the consistency of flour.
- Add the dates, lime juice and zest, sea salt, extract and Epic Protein : Green Kingdom and process until smooth and starting to hold together when squeezed (if it is not holding together add a little more juice).
- Roll into 12 balls and then roll in the coconut powdered sugar. To make coconut powdered sugar, add 1 cup finely shredded, dried unsweetened coconut to a high speed blender and blend until it is powder (but not too long or you will get butter)
NOTESMakes 12 doughnut holes. Store extra in the fridge.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Amy Lyons is the blogger and recipe writer behind Fragrant Vanilla Cake, a blog featuring raw and vegan desserts as well as a few savory dishes. She is also the author of Rawlicious Desserts published in 2013. She graduated from Bethel University in 2007 with a degree in Studio Art and has a passion for creating beautiful things and helping others eat healthier.