Cocoa-Nut Cherry Protein Dessert Shake
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this incredibly delicious and healthy Cocoa-Nut Cherry Protein Dessert Shake that combines dark cherries with coconut milk and other flavorful ingredients, and then adds in Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca for an extra boost of nutrition and protein. Enjoy!
- 2 cups frozen dark cherries (frozen is important, so there is no need for ice which would dilute the flavor)
- 1 cup lowfat coconut milk (I used canned, but you can use fresh)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut butter or almond butter (I used coconut butter for a coconut taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with coconut cream, shredded coconut and shaved dark chocolate, if desired.
NOTES*Raw, vegan, dairy-free, oil-free, gluten-free, soy-free *Nutrition per smoothie based on 2 smoothies: 335 calories, 15 g fat, 43 carbs, 9.25 g protein, 32.5 g sugar
ABOUT THE CHEF
Brandi is the creator of the blog The Vegan 8. She has been a passionate cook for years, but it was her husband's painful disease with gout that led her to choose a vegan lifestyle. She chose a healthier way of eating for her family that ignited a passion to create unique and delicious recipes that also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Her blog has become very popular, as it focuses on 8 ingredients or less, so anybody can make them with ease. Brandi believes in using nature's powerful whole foods to nourish and promote a healthier body and a healthier mind. She enjoys creating food that everybody loves, whether vegan or not. Brandi's belief is that food can be easy, use minimal ingredients, yet still be shockingly delicious.