Cleansing Tabbouleh Salad
This Cleansing Tabbouleh Salad combines your grain of choice with a variety of fresh vegetables like cauliflower, cucumber, parsley and hemp hearts and then adds a deliciously tangy dressing of vinegar, garlic and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- 1.5 cups cooked grain (brown rice or quinoa)
- 1/2 head of a cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 of an English Cucumber, chopped small
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion (or 1 bunch of green onions), chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or raw, apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For the salad base, start by preparing your grain of choice according to package directions.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets until crumbled like grains of rice, and then transfer the "cauliflower rice" to a large bowl.
- Combine with the cooked grain of choice, and mix well.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and combine thoroughly (note: add dressing only to the amount of salad you plan on eating; save the rest separately).
NOTESStays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!