Chopped Detox Salad
This Chopped Detox Salad combines vitamin-packed cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, kale and cabbage with protein-rich hemp hearts, carrots and onions and adds a delicious citrus avocado dressing. Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped (or parsley)
- 1/2 cup raw hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Flesh from 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (or powdered)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the salad base, shred the cauliflower, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion and cilantro in a food processor.
- Add to large bowl and mix together before folding in the hemp hearts, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!