Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This Post-Workout Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie combines the powerful nutrition of spinach , chia and flax seeds with the delicious flavors of medjool dates, cacao powder, peanut butter, cinnamon and molasses for the perfect post-workout smoothie. Enjoy!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted (if the dates are not soft enough to blend easily, soak them in warm water for approximately 10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon saigon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk, or any nut milk (or more for your preferred consistency)
- handful of ice
- molasses, to drizzle
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Drizzle with molasses and garnish with cacao nibs.
NOTESFor a powerful protein boost, add a serving of Epic Protein!
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!