Chocolate Maca Protein Bars
These Chocolate Maca Protein Bars discard the calories and saturated fat from typical fudge and use fresh dates, cashews, rolled oats and more with our Epic Chocolate Maca for a healthy dessert snack. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups fresh dates, packed & pitted
- 1 cup warm water (to soak dates)
- 1 cup cashews
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine the dates and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for about 5 minutes until dates are soft. Remove water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the cashew and oats in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the dates, protein powder, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, coconut, vanilla and salt.
- Process until the dates are finely chopped and blended and the mixture begins to stick together. Transfer the mixture to the lined loaf pan. It will be crumbly at first.
- Use parchment paper or wax paper on top of the bar mixture to pack and flatten the mixture evenly in the pan; leave the paper to cover.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or more until firm. Using the edges of the paper liner, lift the mixture from the pan and uncover. Cut into individual bars.
NOTESMakes 12-16 bars. Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze to have on hand ALWAYS.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Elise Museles is an attorney turned Certified Eating Psychology & Nutrition Expert and creator of Kale & Chocolate. She helps people adopt a more joyful and positive approach to nourishment that starts with the food on the plate, but ultimately extends to all areas of life.