Chocolate Coco Mint Bars
These Chocolate Coco Mint Bars will drive your taste buds crazy. Fully raw and delicious, they sandwich a decadent chocolate layer of walnuts, dates and cacao powder with a coco mint layer of coconut flakes and peppermint oil. Enjoy!
For the Chocolate Layer
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 cups dried coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (optional)
- 1-5 drops peppermint oil, as desired
- For the chocolate layer, put the walnuts in a food processor and process until they turn into a powdery consistency.
- Add the dates and process until it all begins to get sticky.
- Add the cacao powder until fully incorporated.
- Press half this mixture into the bottom of a small lined bread pan and put in the fridge.
- For the coco mint layer, put everything in the food processor and process until the dried coconut flakes turn into a crumbly buttery-like mixture (this can take a few minutes)
- Press this mixture onto your first chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate until it's solid.
- Add the remaining half of the chocolate mixture on top and press down evenly.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes if you like.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Emily von Euw is the mastermind behind This Rawsome Vegan Life, a hugely popular healthy, vegan lifestyle blog and recipe collection. She lives with her two brothers, two cats, and two parents in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada. She believes in living as naturally, minimally, and sustainably as possible and creates beautiful and delicious recipes that reflect her creativity and passion for the earth for all beings in general.