Chocolate Cherry Brownie Cups
These Chocolate Cherry Brownie Cups are a decadent vegan treat made from almond milk, chocolate butter, maple syrup, cacao powder and sweet cherries. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup chocolate Nuttzo butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (all purpose flour works as well!)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped frozen sweet cherries, divided
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine almond milk, chocolate nuttzo, and maple syrup and microwave for 30-45 seconds, staring every 20 seconds or so.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk mixture until it is smooth. Add in vanilla paste and cornstarch and continue to whisk for another 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cacao powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stir in half of the cherries and the optional (but not really optional) chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into 12 muffin cavities and top with additional ½ cup of chopped cherries.
- Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, and then let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before moving to a rack to cool completely.
NOTESMakes 12 brownie cups!
ABOUT THE CHEF
Maddie Ross is an avid health nut with a strong belief in a balanced lifestyle. With inspiration from wholesome foods, Maddie creates recipes and publishes them on her site, The Dancing Foodie. You can also find her daily eats on her instagram, @thedancingfoodie27.