Cauliflower Hamburger Buns
Try these Cauliflower Hamburger Buns for an extremely healthy, gluten-free alternative to your regular hamburger buns. Fresh cauliflower, flax eggs and garbanzo flour combine for a nicely textured bun that has a lot of added flavor with a variety of spices. Enjoy!
- 1/3 head of cauliflower
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup garbanzo flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Spices of choice (herbs, garlic powder, etc)
- Pulverize cauliflower florets in food processor until it is a very fine, rice-like consistency.
- Fold in remaining ingredients with spoon or hands.
- Form into hockey puck size patties and bake on parchment paper at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes (more or less depending on the size of your buns)
- Let cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes (this helps them become firmer)
NOTES*Makes about 4 buns *You can store these in the refrigerator for the next day and they'll still be good! Just make sure to wrap each bun in a paper towel to absorb extra moisture.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Bethany is the face behind the account @lilsipper on Instagram. She is dedicated to healthy eating and living a balanced life. She is also a yoga instructor and loves sharing her passion for health and fitness. Her diet is free from gluten, peanuts, refined sugars, artificial sugar including stevia, and are, of course, full of nutritional value. She never counts calories, only nutrients!