This Blueberry Buckle is a healthy, sweet, gluten free and vegan breakfast dish that combines fresh blueberries and our Epic Protein : Original with a crumble topping of ground walnuts, pecans and brown sugar. Enjoy!
Blueberry Buckle Mix
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup dairy free butter
- 1 flax egg (whisk together the ground flax seeds and water until well combined, then place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Original
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans ground
- 1/2 cup vegan brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 4 Tbs. dairy free butter
- Prep by preheating oven to 375 deg F and greasing a 9" x 9" cake pan.
- For the crumble, mix all ingredients with a fork until butter is well incorporated.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend the flour, baking powder, Epic Protein : Original and salt.
- For the buckle, in a separate bowl, mix the sugar, butter, flax egg and vanilla with a beater, slowly adding the almond milk and flour mixture in alternating turns.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan, and then sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
NOTESMakes approx. 12-16 servings.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Jennifer Colburn is a passionate vegan chef, food blogger, and a wellness advocate. She studied 5 years of holistic nutrition with Clayton College of Natural Health while working for Gold’s gym as a lead personal trainer. She is currently a mama of twins, avid runner and owner of a vegan lifestyle website, The Vegan Seed. There, you will find a garden variety of natural living, vegan food recipes, and essential oil posts. Jennifer is thrilled to be able to share with you her life and love of vegan food, and a healthy lifestyle.