Berry Energy Bowl
This Berry Energy Bowl will nourish you for the day ahead or provide fuel for your intense workout thanks to the combination of leafy greens, frozen berries and maca powder, a rich source of energy. Enjoy!
- 2 large or 3 small frozen bananas, pre-sliced
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of spinach or kale
- 3 teaspoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- splash (1/4-1/3 cup) unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and let sit for ~10 minutes before blending.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse/blend until smooth, being sure to scrape and work the ingredients so that everything gets blended thoroughly but remains thick.
- Pour into bowl, top away with your favorite toppings (shown with pomegranate seeds, strawberries, cacao nibs, coconut flakes and spoonful of sunflower butter!).
NOTESMakes 1 large bowl.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Shannon is a nutrition + health enthusiast specializing in the plant based vegan lifestyle. She graduated from Purdue University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Fitness and is now the founder, recipe creator, photographer and blogger of The Glowing Fridge, where she shares her colorful+ nourishing creations while offering lifestyle tips. Shannon’s passion for promoting the plant based lifestyle has blossomed since her transition to going vegan, as she was able to heal her body and develop healthy, clear glowing skin. Her journey led her to create ‘The Glow Effect’, a vegan starter guide for living a wholesome plant based life. She lives to inspire, motivate, create and flourish from this abundant plant fueled life!