Banana Oatmeal with Superfoods
Savor this hearty and delicious Banana Oatmeal that combines a variety of tasty ingredients such as raisins, hazelnut butter, vanilla powder and more with baobob fruit powder for a slightly sweet and fully nutritious breakfast. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons steel cut oats
- Pinch himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or preferred sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baobab fruit powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 large sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Pour the water into a pot and stir in the salt.
- Throw in all the oats and bring the water to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, bring the temperate down to low and simmer until the oats absorb the water (approximately 30 minutes).
- Throw all the other ingredients - except the banana and raisins, into the bottom of a bowl, then pour on your oatmeal and mix everything together.
- Top with banana slices, raisins, and hemp seeds.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Emily von Euw is the mastermind behind This Rawsome Vegan Life, a hugely popular healthy, vegan lifestyle blog and recipe collection. She lives with her two brothers, two cats, and two parents in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada. She believes in living as naturally, minimally, and sustainably as possible and creates beautiful and delicious recipes that reflect her creativity and passion for the earth for all beings in general.